In this Assessment, you will culminate one course outcome by conducting a business case study analysis in the form of a narrated PowerPoint presentation:
Your professor will present you with a variety of business case studies to choose from to complete this Assessment. Choose only 1 case study to analyze. You can find a list of videos that may accompany your chosen case study in the supplemental resources spreadsheet. You may also choose to analyze your current employer instead of the business case studies based on the criteria in the checklist below. Please seek approval from your professor if you wish to conduct this analysis based on your employer to ensure you are able to cover all requirements sufficiently.
You will find the following resource to be a helpful guide in your analysis of your chosen case study: Guide to Case Analysis
Step 1: Provide a brief synopsis of the company from your chosen case study or your employer (if approved by your professor). Include the company name, industry sector, products, target market, and any other pertinent information.
Step 2: Explain the factors in your chosen company’s broad macro-environment (PESTLE) that may have strategic significance on its competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Step 3: Conduct an analysis using Porter’s 5 Forces framework to diagnose the competitive conditions in your chosen company’s industry.
Step 4: Conduct an analysis using one additional strategic analysis tool to determine whether an industry’s outlook presents your chosen company with sufficiently attractive opportunities for growth and profitability.
Step 5: Determine if your chosen company’s resources and capabilities give it a competitive edge over rivals.
Step 6: Assess the company’s strengths and weaknesses in light of market opportunities and external threats.
Step 7: Explain the company’s value chain activities and how they affect the company’s cost structure and customer value proposition.
Step 8: Evaluate the results of your strategic analyses and explain your chosen company’s competitive situation and how this information can assist managers in making critical decisions about their next strategic moves.
In this Assessment, you will demonstrate an ability to employ a minimum of three different strategic analysis tools, including a PESTLE analysis, Porter’s 5 Forces analysis, and one additional strategic analysis tool (VCA, SOAR, SWOT, etc.) of your choice. Use as many concepts from Chapters 3 and 4 of your textbook to complete this Assessment as possible. You are the professional and will need to determine how many slides and how long the presentation should be to meet the requirements of this Assessment. You are capable of making such decisions at this level of your degree program. Take the initiative to be the problem solver and strategic decision-maker. Each slide should have a narration and notes. Your slides should be professionally designed.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Checklist Rubric in order to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your presentation should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your presentation must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your presentation should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate silde at the end of your research presentation should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the APA formatting and citation style resources found in the Writing Center. The Writing Center can be found in the Academic Success Center in the Academic Tools area of your course.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.