Complete Episode 2: “Managing Population Growth” of Gamescape.
As president of the City Council, you have been invited by the Mayor to give a PowerPoint® presentation to Sparksville High School.
Develop a 7- to 10-slide ® PowerPoint® presentation that explains the prairie dog land management issue. Include the following points:
- Discuss some of the challenges of urbanization and environmental benefits. Explain how the prairie dog land management issues are related to the challenges of urbanization.
- Explain the factors that influence population growth using prairie dogs as an example to illustrate your points. Briefly review how the natural environment is needed to support cities. Use the ecological role of prairie dogs and their benefit to land management and the city of Sparksville as an example.
- Describe the different policies that the city explored to manage prairie dog population growth, and discuss how these policies are rooted in environmental science and population dynamics. These policies include decisions you made in the game regarding: ranch zoning, prairie dog controls, school zoning, and public policy, etc.
- Discuss the final management decision, and explain how it balanced urban development with environmental sustainability. Include major challenges you faced in addressing this issue and reaching an optimal solution.
3 questions are in the video that are suppose to be answered with a word count of at least 100 words or more. This is separate from the powerpoint. These 3 questions are opinion based only!
1. Identify 3 possible, environmentally, sustainable courses of action that you could recommend for the prairie dog problem?
2. Please reflect on the impact of the decisions you made as council president. What results were you pleased with and what would you do to sustain those results in the future?
3. What results were you disappointed with and what would you do differently if you had the chance?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!