1) is the splicing of a gene from one organism into the genome of another
2) uses practices that lead to reduced tillage
3) only produces new high-yield crops
4) was developed through discoveries in traditional farming practices
The purpose of genetic engineering of crop plants is to create plants that have
(choose all that apply)
built in weed control
the ability to self-fertilize
a resistance to certain pests
a greater tolerance for drought
Varieties of crop plants that are “High Responders” require
1) terrace farming
2) very little in the way of inorganic fertilizers
3) the splicing of a gene from one organism into the genome of another
4) optimum levels of fertilizer, water, pesticides, light, etc.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!