Please read “The Rhetorical Situation” in the Week One Readings before completing this discussion.
- Let’s take a look at an ad and identify the audience, the context, and the kairotic moment.
- These things aren’t all separate, they usually intertwine.
If you were not paying attention to politics in 2012, here is a little context about the “Binders of Women” gaffe.
After watching the ad “Trouble Relating to Women,” answer the following questions:
- Who is the author and target audience?
- How does the ad appeal to the target audiences’ values?
- What is necessary context to know about the ad? What was going on in the country around that time? What was the national conversation about?
- What kairotic moment does the ad seize upon and how does it use it?
- Write a paragraph of 300-400 words that answers these questions in paragraph form.
- The paragraph should give us a good idea of the rhetorical situation of the ad.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!