Consider that you are the city’s emergency management director and you are asked to prepare a written presentation for the city council on the benefits of private–public partnerships. Write a short paper (in APA format) that includes the following:
- Select a large city, such as a state capitol or another large metropolitan area, such as Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Miami, and so on.
- Provide some background on the jurisdiction that you selected. Be sure to include the following:
- Critical infrastructure examples
- Location of the city
- Potential threats as they relate to terrorism
In your paper, include the following:
- What motivations might terrorists have to target private-sector entities?
- Identify 1 potential private-sector target in the jurisdiction that you selected.
- Explain why that entity would potentially be targeted for a terrorist attack.
- Identify 5 primary private-sector organizations that jurisdiction government entity should consider entering into a Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/MOA) with that would enhance overall preparedness and resiliency.
- How can such agreements help ensure jurisdictional preparedness?
- Describe the benefits of entering into a formal agreement.
- Describe each organization, and explain why the 5 organizations should be included in partnering with the public sector.
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of the private sector in homeland security
- Describe how the public and private sectors can work together to help keep the nation safe.
- Explain, in detail, the significant contributions that all 5 organizations or entities could or should make in helping their community and the nation be more resilient and more secure.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!