Technology Selection Study Recommendation Paper
This assignment will be completed in two stages.
Stage 1: Post your draft of this paper no later than Friday of Week 6 in the weekly conference for review and evaluation by your peers.
Stage 2: Using the feedback from your peers, revise and finalize your paper and then submit it for grading via your assignment folder. Follow the instructions posted by your instructor regarding peer review and “best paper” voting.
For this paper, you will construct a recommendation to study and evaluate a specific technology. To support your recommendation you will use information from either your Technology Review #1 or Technology Review #2. Your sources which support your paper must have a publication date of 2015 or later, i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
Choose one of your technology reviews (#1 or #2) and then use the authoritative sources from your bibliography to write a recommendation for study analysis for senior managers and executives. These decision makers will be responsible for determining which emerging technologies or emerging applications of technologies will become part of the company’s portfolio of Internal Research & Development projects during the next budget cycle. Since your paper is being submitted for the Cybersecurity Category you must make sure that you address cybersecurity requirements and considerations in your recommendation.
Write down your thoughts and ideas about the security implications of incorporating this technology into the company’s operations, products, or services? What are the vulnerabilities or risks associated with this technology which could cause a loss of confidentiality, integrity, availability, etc.
Throughout your recommendation (see below), you must keep your focus upon the security posture of this technology and its applications (e.g. products or services built upon this technology or which incorporate this technology).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR STUDY
Your focus in this paper must be upon identifying and presenting information from authoritative sources which supports a recommendation to select this technology for further study as part of an Internal Research & Development project (IR&D). Your recommendation should be based upon the following (at a minimum):
- characteristics (features and capabilities) of the technology
- interactions among the selected technology, people, environments, and processes (how will it be used; use cases if known)
- risks or vulnerabilities associated with adoption of this technology
- costs and benefits associated with adoption of this technology
Addressing Costs and Benefits: Do not tell the reader how much the technology will cost. Discuss instead how much it might cost to SECURE this technology against cyber-attacks and/or how difficult it will be to deny criminals and terrorists the use of this technology.
WRITING YOUR PAPER
Your paper must provide the reader with an overview of the technology followed by information about the potential security risks and/or benefits of its use (the security posture ).You MUST use information paraphrased from the papers found during your Survey of the Professional Literature (with appropriate in-text citations).
Your paper should be 5 to 7 pages in length (excluding the title page and references page).
- Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
- Your Technology Selection Study Recommendation paper should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
- Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity.
- The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,DEC2018).docx.
- You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.