- Week 2: Topic
This week, you should review the instructions for the Portfolio Project (compare ins. plans by state-below) and begin thinking about a topic. Write a paragraph outlining the scope of your topic and how you plan to start your research.
- Week 3: Outline
Submit an outline of your Portfolio Project that is at least one page in length and includes a basic guide for each section of your paper.
- Week 6: Reference List
Prepare a reference list in APA format with at least five academic sources that you intend to use for your Portfolio Project. Use APA Requirements to help you with formatting your references.
Week 8: Portfolio Project Due
Compare Insurance Plans by State
Various programs provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of families with limited income. Develop a scenario in which an individual or family is currently making use of such a program, but plans to move to another state. Create a chart that compares your chosen program in three (3) different states and recommend a state to which the individual, or family, should move. Your chart should contain the following:
- A brief paragraph describing the scenario (e.g., elderly war veteran, pregnant woman, young girl who is visually impaired)
- Program features and characteristics (e.g., type, benefits, costs)
- Visual indication of the state you recommend
Write a 7-8 page description of your decision-making process. Your reflection should address the following questions:
- What are the most important features that impacted your state choice?
- What difficulties did you face in choosing a state?
- Under what circumstances would you recommend a different state, and why?
Your paper must adhere to the following requirements:
- Be written in accordance to APA Requirements
- Be 7-8 pages in length (not including the cover and reference pages); that is, approximately 3,000-3,500 words
- Include headings, per APA guidelines
- Include at least five (5) sources