Choose one article from any periodical or journal that is relevant to the physical development of the child aged from birth to 3 years old. Choose a topic that focuses on one of the following:
- The infant’s increasing awareness of her world
- The environmental influences on a baby’s cognitive development
- The implications for educators in light of the critical period for learning language
- The teaching of language
- Nutrition and/or height/weight
- Sensory and motor development
- Brain development
Choose one article from any periodical or journal that is relevant to the socioemotional development of the child aged from birth to 3 years old. Choose a topic that focuses on one of the following:
- Infant temperament
- Personality and/or emotional development
- Attachment or child care
- The effects of poverty on infant temperament and emotional development
Using the questions listed as follows, write a critique of the article from the viewpoint of a scientist seeking the truth. This paper should be 3 to 6 pages long, double-spaced.
- Who is the audience for the article (e.g., parents, teachers, adolescents)?
- What is the topic of the article? What are some examples of information provided?
- Does the article emphasize heredity (nature) or environment (nurture)?
- To which domain of child development does it refer (physical, socioemotional, cognitive)?
- Does the article rely on scientific findings, expert opinion, or case example?
- Do the conclusions of the article seem valid?
In a concluding paragraph(s), give your personal evaluation of what was covered in the article and whether it advances our knowledge and understanding of child development.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!