All educators must be sensitive to the needs of their students and families. In this video, Richard Lavoie addresses parents and educators as he speaks about the unique needs of individuals with learning disabilities. He offers advice regarding fairness in the classroom, fairness at home, learned helplessness, the danger of making assumptions, and many other implications for future practices.
Review the video “Beyond F.A.T. City: Look Back, Look Ahead—Conversation about Special Education.”
In a 250-500 word analysis, address the following:
- How does Lavoie define and explain fairness in the classroom?
- What advice does Lavoie offer to parents regarding fairness?
- What does Lavoie say about assumptions, and why does he discuss them?
- What are three key concepts from the video that were especially meaningful to you? How will they affect your professional teaching practice?
Cite specific examples from the video in your analysis.
- Search for a qualitative research study in education from the past 6 months and post the link.
- Identify the research design, purpose, and focus from the study. (See Table 6.1 in your text.)
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!