Research Data Analysis
Note: Complete the first discussion in this unit before completing this assignment.
After completing the assignment preparation study in Unit 1, write a 6–8-page paper in which you complete the following:
- Create a title page: Give your paper a title that reflects the purpose of your work. Use the APA Paper Template to format your paper according to the APA manual (sixth edition).
- Write an introduction: For the introduction section of your paper, include the title at the top of the first page and begin your introduction two spaces beneath your title. (In APA format, the word Introduction is not used as a heading.) Briefly summarize:
- The case you have chosen.
- How theories and research, in general terms, explain the problem and point toward solutions.
- How the case relates to a larger societal problem or problems.
- Create a heading titled Theoretical Framework: Analyze how two or three psychological theories help explain the problem and point toward potential solutions. In so doing, cite relevant principles or concepts derived from these theories. For example:
- Let us say that we are assisting an adolescent from Germany who has moved to United States, and is having a rough time adjusting to her new high school. In addition to information gathered from her, her parents, and the school, we could consider Erikson’s psychosocial theory and the stage of identity and role confusion in which adolescents search to establish their own values, beliefs, and goals. During this important time of identity development, the teen has been immersed in an entirely different culture with values and beliefs different from the one with which she knows. We could consider to what extent she was mastering the stage prior to and then after the move. Based on sociocultural theory, we would enquire about the differences in culture that may be impinging on her success in interacting in her new environment. By integrating the two theories, we can get a better understanding of how her developmental stage is clashing with her sociocultural context. We might search for research on adolescent development and cross-cultural experiences to get a better understanding of what research demonstrates is effective in assisting teenagers in this position.
- Create a heading titled Related Research: Summarize at least three research studies that pertain to the problem. A summary will provide your reader with a clear understanding of the purpose of the study, the methods, and the findings.
- Describe the research designs and methods used in the studies.
- Use principles of critical thinking to evaluate the quality of the research and analyze the relevance to the problem.
- Evaluate how the research methods employed support the studies’ findings.
- Analyze how the studies’ findings explain reasons for the problem and point toward potential solutions.
- Analyze how the studies’ findings relate to the psychological theories you previously cited.
- Compare findings of the studies and assess how they support or contradict each other.
- See if any contradiction is apparent. If so, try to explain why the contradiction may have developed and which position is more credible and why.
- Create a heading titled Conclusion: Briefly summarize the importance of the problem and how psychological theories, principles, and research may point to ways improve the problem.
Keep in mind throughout this assignment that while your writing must conform to current APA standards, you must explain all information in a manner that can be easily understood by a nonacademic or nonscientific audience.
Refer to the Research Data Analysis Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA format: Comply with current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: A minimum of three academic resources.
- Length of paper: 6–8 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding cover page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.