‘Critically evaluate the difference between type and trait tools and selecting one psychometric tool, discuss its effectiveness for developing individuals within groups’
Report worth 75% of the overall module mark; Word count for report approx 3,000 words. Submit in report format, which will be given in class.
This document describes the requirements for Assessment Two
You are to critically evaluate the difference between type and trait tools discussing the benefits and limitations of each group. Demonstrating your understanding of when to use these and what type of information you can gain from them when deciding which tool to use for developing individuals within organisations. Then selecting one psychometric tool (discussed in the module) and demonstrate an understanding of its theoretical framework and how organisations can use the information gained from such tools to develop individuals within groups effectively. You would examine the practical use of the tool when developing individuals within teams, demonstrating a depth in knowledge and how psychometric tools can help people in HRM when selecting people for development. You should also consider the legal and ethical aspects of these in terms of good practice guidelines.
This report is a critical evaluation of the use of personality assessment tools when developing individuals within teams and the practical value of these tools. In your report you will need to demonstrate an ability to understand the underlying functionality of these tools and their usefulness within an organisation when deciding which tool to use. You need to demonstrate your ability to critically analyse both tools and have evidence for using one over the other and in which context you would decide one over the other.
A report regarding psychometric tools needs you to demonstrate a depth of understanding of psychometric tools in general and more specifically when used to develop effective teams. Discussing the type of information these tools yield and how this information can inform the way people within organisations interact on a daily basis. The report should include a discussion around the reliability and validity of these tests and reasons they are appropriate for using as part of the developmental process. You will need to demonstrate an ability to compare and contrast each one and critically argue what value each one brings to the developmental process as well as any limitations. This assumes working with existing teams and helping them work more effectively together in an organisation. The report also needs to include some practical considerations around cost, time and so forth as well as exploring some of the challenges of bias and stereotypical thinking surrounding prejudice in decision making when selecting talent for promotion or success planning in organisations.
Report of 3000 words (+/-10% of word count – excluding reference and bibliography list at end). You must keep your work within the word limit or penalties apply. Please note that you should make reference to reading you have done when answering the questions.
You will be assessed and given a mark according to the criteria listed below, i.e.
The assessment looks at the extent to which you have shown ability to:
- Critically evaluate relevant concepts/ideas, frameworks, current research and theories underpinning assessment, selection and development of talent;
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate the differences between trait and type tools and the benefits and limitations in terms of the question posed;
- Demonstrate an understanding of psychometric personality tools in general and their value in developing talent using academic theory;
- Demonstrate full understanding and awareness of how the specific tool you have chosen can be used in organisations to develop talent and discuss any major issues surrounding the choosing of appropriate assessment tools;
- Write clearly, effectively and concisely in report format and use wide range of sources/references appropriately;
- Describe and apply some of the theories and writers, which have influenced our thinking about assessing individual differences in selection and development;
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!