Discussion: Bringing Standards to Life in America’s Classroom:
Every content area in K-12 education will inevitably have its own best practices that are recognized and used in classrooms. However, it is important to recognize that best practices are not necessarily content-specific. Often times, there will be best practices that can be equally effective in more than one content area. In preparation for this discussion, please review the readings that you completed in the Zemelan, Daniels, and Hyde text.
Then, develop a main response in which you address the following question:
- What is one best practice from your particular content area (ELA) that you feel could apply to other content areas.
- Explain your position, and provide examples if possible.
Please post a response and reply to the main response of at least five (5) other students.
Student responses are in the word document.
Other info posted in the module that may be helpful:
MODULE ONE: THE COMMON CORE STANDARDS AND LITERACY ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
After successfully completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify and summarize important elements of the common core state standards that relate to your content area and grade level.
- Relate best practices between content areas.
- Explain how specific standards can be used to create lesson plans.
- Understanding Common Core State Standards (Kendall): The complete book
Although New York State is transitioning to content specific state standards, these standards are grounded in the Common Core as are the standards of your professional organization. The Kendall text provides a good overview of how standards work across the curriculum.
- Best Practice (Zelman, Daiels, and Hyde): Chapter 1, pgs. 1-26, pgs. 128, 156, 186, 218, 242
- ELA and LOTE: pgs. 88-112
- Mathematics: pgs. 159-185
- Science: pgs. 188-216
- Social Studies: pgs. 220-241
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!