Define risk management, the components of a risk management program, and how the risk management process can reduce organizational risk. Examine the roles and responsibilities of a risk manager as well as those of the clinical delivery team, including physicians. Recognize the regulatory requirements and standards associated with federal mandates, including HIPAA, and accreditation. Examine risk management methodologies, strategies, and tools. Recognize the financial and risk correlation for organizational profit and loss. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- Read from the text, Managing Health Organizations for Quality and Performance
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Managing for Quality and Performance
- Chapter 2: The Policy Context for Management
- Chapter 3: Preparing for Emergencies
- van der Velden, J. W. & Sirot, E. J. (2007). Effective risk management tools. Drug Information Journal, 41(1), 63-68.
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
Accessibility statement does not exist.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- National Quality Forum
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!