- McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: the biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
- Chapter 15: Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
- Chapter 16: Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep, and Sensory Function (stop at Sleep); Summary Review
- Chapter 17: Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function (start at Acute confusional states and delirium) (stop at Alterations in neuromotor functions); (Parkinson’s Disease); Summary Review
- Chapter 18: Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction (stop at Degenerative disorders of the spine); (start at Cerebrovascular disorders) (stop at Tumors of the central nervous system); Summary Review
- Chapter 44: Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System (stop at Components of muscle function); Summary Review
- Chapter 45: Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function (stop at Bone tumors); (start at Disorders of joints); Summary Review
- Chapter 47: Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument (section on Lyme Disease)
- Chin, L. S. (2018). Spinal cord injuries Links to an external site.. Retrieved from https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/793582-overview#a4
- Module 5 Overview with Dr. Tara Harris
Dr. Tara Harris reviews the structure of Module 5 as well as the expectations for the module. Consider how you will manage your time as you review your media and Learning Resources throughout the module to prepare for your Knowledge Check and your Assignment. (3m)
- Khan Academy. (2019b). Ischemic stroke Links to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/circulatory-system-diseases/stroke/v/ischemic-stroke
Note: The approximate length of the media program is 8 minutes.
- Osmosis.org. (2019, June 12). Osteoporosis – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, pathology Links to an external site.[Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUQ_tt_zJDo
Note: The approximate length of the media program is 9 minutes.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!