Rough Draft Review Process Evaluation
Purpose: The primary goal of this weekly assignment is to enable you to understand the revision process and revise your paper with the help of a writing specialist.
Prepare: After you have completed a rough draft of your paper (at least five pages), submit that draft to the University Writing Center.
Reflect: Carefully review the revision letter and the margin comments that you see on your returned paper. Consider each of the suggestions provided to help you to revise your paper.
Write: In your written response of at least 400 words, complete the following:
- Identify the top three issues your writing specialist focused on in your rough draft (e.g., paragraph structure, proper use of quotations, and thesis statement).
- Were any of those issues surprising?
- Describe what you learned from some of the feedback your writing specialist provided as explanations.
- Was this feedback helpful?
- Evaluate the usefulness of the paper review tool.
- Did your understanding of academic writing improve?
- Will you use the Ashford Writing Center to review your work in the future? Why or why not?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!