1) The most costly aspect of photovoltaic technology is being addressed by:
A) inventing a way to convert alternating current to direct current.
B) inventing a way to convert direct current to alternating current.
C) finding a way to reduce the damaging effects of the sun on solar panels.
D) new technologies that reduce the cost of manufacturing solar cells.
2) Solar trough technology converts:
A) the ultraviolet light in sunlight directly into electricity.
B) the heat of the sun into steam to drive a turbogenerator.
C) sunlight into electricity which then produces steam heat.
D) the direct current generated by photovoltaic cells into alternating current.
3) Some milk becomes contaminated with mercury. If each of the following people consume 16
ounces of this contaminated milk each day for a month, who will most likely be impacted by
A) an 82-year-old woman
B) a fetus inside a mother who drinks this contaminated milk
C) a 12-year-old girl
D) a 51-year-old man
4) A pharmacist asks a mother about a new prescription for an antibiotic, wanting to be sure that
the drug is for the mother. The pharmacist is most likely concerned because:
A) antibiotics do not typically work on children.
B) most types of antibiotics prescribed to an adult will likely kill a child.
C) a normal dosage for an adult can be toxic to a child.
D) a normal child’s dosage may be toxic to an adult.
5) You learn that an old friend has died from a disease that resulted from their lifelong exposure
to a substance. This loved one most likely died from:
A) whooping cough.
B) a bacterial infection.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.