A PESTLE Analysis identifies political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental factors.
The U.S. health care system costs $3.3 trillion last year and delivered too little value (Blumenthal, 2017). For most Americans, health care is not only expensive but also fragmented, inconvenient, and physically inaccessible. Aetna, CVS, United Health Group and DaVita are health care stakeholders who are engaging in mergers and acquisitions to produce a higher quality product. Review the article “Is M&A the Cure for a Failing Health Care System?”.
Congratulations; you have been selected as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a local hospital. Within six months of taking the job, you learn your health care organization is considering a merger. Your first task is to conduct a PESTLE Analysis. Use critical thinking skills and metacognition to research current events in the macro environment of the local hospital in your area. Your hospital selection will be the same hospital used throughout this course. Review the website information on your hospital selection and prepare a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint narrative using a PESTLE Analysis
Your 10-slide PESTLE PowerPoint should follow this format:
- Slide 1: Cover Page a. Include the title of your paper, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
- Slide 2: Background / Executive Summary a. Describe the details of the situation. Use bullets with short sentences. The title of these slides should be Executive Summary.
- Slide 3: Thesis Statement a. Identify the focus of your research. The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
- Slides 4-9: Support a. Support your Thesis Statement following the SESC formula: State, Explain, Support, and Conclude.
- Slide 10: References
- Locate peer reviewed journal articles to support your responses. For example, identify clinical quality that does not compare to other hospitals. Use APA format for your references. (To help you with APA in-text citations and your Reference list, some students use Citation Machine.)
Your SafeAssign score should be ≤25%, as stated in Blackboard.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Analyze the significance of the external environment’s impact on health care organizations.
- Analyze the roles of and the relationships among organizational mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and why they are called directional strategies.
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.