The authors in Chapter 8 of the Bartol & Bartol (2019) text state that socialization factors “refer to those processes through which a person learns patterns of thinking, behavior, and feeling from his or her early life experiences.” They also maintain that children can learn as much through observation of another person they deem significant or highly admire as they can from their own direct experiences. Therefore, the argument remains that children learn through exposure to television, movies, or fictional characters found in video games. A great deal of research has been conducted over the years indicating that children tend to mimic specific violent or antisocial responses they have observed in others through vicarious means.
Discuss the impacts this research could have for supporting the argument for limiting young children’s exposure to violent media images. Answer the following questions in your post:
- What have the vast majority of research studies delving into the effects of violent media found with respect to children and violent imagery?
- Do you believe it is a parental right to allow young children to freely view or consume violent media imagery?
- Should additional governmental policies be developed and implemented to limit violent media exposure for children?
1.Describe an activity that would contribute to the purpose of “learning and practicing sound nutritional habits and healthy polite eating behaviors”.
2. Discuss what you remember about how you were formally taught to read. What materials/approaches did the teacher use? Did reading come easy for you?
3. Discuss what language and literacy experiences you had as a child or growing up. Did you grow up with a variety of books in your home? Did your parents read to you often? Were there many opportunities to interact with other adults and children? Explain.
4.What problems do you think parents may have in carrying out home reading? How might you help them overcome those challenges? If your childrens’ parents are not supportive of your “home literacy” program, dicuss how you would address this. What would you do?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!