Consider how you might rate the performance of three instructors from whom you are currently taking or recently have taken a course.
- Which is harder: rating the instructors’ performance or ranking their performance? Why?
- Write three items to use in rating the instructors–one each to rate them in terms of an attribute, a behavior, and an outcome.
- Which measure above do you think is most valid? Most reliable? Why?
- Many colleges use questionnaires to gather data from students about their instructors’ performance. Would it be appropriate to use the data for administrative decisions? Developmental decisions? Other decisions? Why or why not?
- Create a draft instrument that you believe would fairly rate college instructors. Include at least five items in each of the three categories: attributes, behavior, outcomes.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.