In this assignment, you will examine the concept of creative capitalism. Bill Gates, cofounder and chairperson of Microsoft Corporation, advocates that in addition to seeking profits, corporations should also become social entrepreneurs in order to help solve social problems. He has called this creative capitalism. Gates argues the desire to help others who are less fortunate should be as powerful a motivator as increasing profits for businesses today.
Read the transcript or conduct a search for the video of Bill Gates’ speech at the 2008 World Economic Forum:
- Gates, B. (2008). Bill Gates—2008—World Economic Forum—Creative Capitalism. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Review the following:
- General Electric (GE). (2011 ). Citizenship. R
- Walmart Corporate. Community and Giving.
Using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the concept of creative capitalism. Select at least three references for use in your assignment (one may be your textbook).
Complete the following:
- Explain free market capitalism
- Describe creative capitalism
- Explain the three advantages of creative capitalism in relation to businesses
- Explain the concept of corporate social responsibility using two examples of socially responsible companies. Clearly and concisely support your examples and explain why these companies are considered socially responsible.
- Comment on Gates’ creative capitalism. Do you think that creative capitalism can become the future of capitalism in the U.S.? Justify your response with examples and research.
Give reasons and illustrative examples in support.
Write a 5 page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A2.doc.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!