Part A: 10 Marks
Answer the following question:
Search the web for news on computer security breaches that occurred during September-December 2015. Research one such reported incident. Prepare a report focusing on what the problem was, how and why it occurred and what are the possible solutions. – 10 Marks
Length: Around 800 words
Part B: 10 Marks
Research about any popular hack case on the web which happened between 2012 and 2016 (For example, one very popular hack case is JPMorgan chase hack case (2015)) and prepare a report focusing on the following questions:
• What was the problem?
• Who were affected and how?
• How was the attack carried out?
• What could have been done to prevent the attack?
Length: Around 900 words
This assessment task is based on the following topics discussed in the subject: the overview of Information security fundamentals, security threats, cryptography, malicious software and its countermeasures, operating system security and software security.
The assessment task is aligned with the following learning outcomes of the subject:
On successful completion of this subject, students will
- be able to justify security goals and the importance of maintaining the secure computing environment against digital threats;
- be able to explain the fundamental concepts of cryptographic algorithms;
- be able to examine malicious activities that may affect the security of a computer program and justify the choice of various controls to mitigate threats.
- be able to compare and contrast the security mechanisms of a trusted operating system with those used in a general purpose operating system;
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!