Great teachers have a large assortment of effective tools in
their instructional toolboxes to help all their students reach their literacy
potential. In this course, you have been introduced to a variety of
research-based instructional strategies and learning tools to help students on
all levels get motivated to learn to read and to remain engaged and grow in the
process throughout the year.
As such, for this assignment you are to compile a Literacy Toolkit consisting of good examples of researched-based instructional strategies and assessments that you could use in your future practice that would help your students meet the standards in each of the five essential components of early reading instruction. The five essential components are phonemic awareness and Alphabetic (to include letter knowledge and phonics instructions), fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing.
Your Toolkit should include five sections, a section for each of the components. Each section should include:
1. An Introduction: Your introduction should clearly explain the essential component, and share details about what research says about what teachers need to know about how students learn in said area to facilitate learning in said area. For example: What research says about what teachers need to know about phonics …
What research says about what teachers need to know about oral language … etc. etc..
2. A detailed description of a Classroom Assessment you can use to plan and evaluate students’ learning and instruction in said area.
3. A detailed description of an Evidence-Based Practice you can use to support students’ learning in said area.
4. A detailed description of an Intervention Strategy your can use to differentiate instruction for struggling learners in that particular area.
5. A detailed description of a Technology and New Literacies practice that you can use to support learning in the key component.
6. A detail description of an instructional approach you can use to include Family and Communities in students’ learning in said area.
7. Create a separate section and entitle it Effective Literacy Instruction for Grades 4-8. For this section, describe in detail (2) two evidence-based strategies that you could use to support students’ learning in grades 4-8.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!