You are the reading specialist of the school. After reviewing a 3-year period of reading data at the K-3 level, your literacy team discovered that the students are not making significant gains in the area of phonics. The principal has asked your literacy team to research supplemental resources to address the needs for each grade level. There is some Title I money to support reading intervention instruction.
In a 500-750 word proposal, include the following:
- Five research-based phonics strategies to meet the needs of students based on various skill levels (from 3-year data). Explain why you chose each strategy;
- Timeline to implement the intervention strategies;
- List of consumable materials needed for each grade level (K-3) in the area of phonics;
- List of phonics resources currently available;
- Description of how you will monitor student progress and evaluate the effectiveness of phonics materials being used; and
- List of possible textbooks and supplemental phonics materials from publishers using the “Guideline for Selection of Textbook and or Supplemental Materials.”
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!