Goal: The purpose of this assignment is to make sure you have a working resume and a cover letter that will assist in current or future job applications. Once you have a working resume and cover letter on file, you have the opportunity to tailor your resume and letter to individual job postings.
Assignment: This assignment is to acquire the knowledge and skills about different versions of writing a resume and cover letters. For some, you may have a wealth of work experiences where highlighting your job history and work experiences might be easier. For others, it might be harder to formulate a resume and cover letter if you are just fresh out of high school or still in high school with little work experience. Regardless of your experiences, you have experiences to highlight – paid or non paid experiences.
Resume: Write a functional, combination, or chronological resume describing your current experiences / skills. Refer to page chapter 10, illustrating the different types of resume.
- Select a preferred format.
- Write your full resume based on your selected format
- You may use the resume builder as a tool to help you with this assignment.
Cover letter: A cover letter is one of your most important document to highlight your strengths and experiences. It is a brief introduction to who you are and why you are interested in applying and working in a specific industry. This assignment is to practice the skill of writing a cover letter. Refer to page 244 – 247 in your textbook for samples of cover letters. Use web resources to identify possible positions of interest you would like to apply for and draft a letter in a cover letter format to apply for the position. You may use indeed.com to look for current job openings to apply for.
You will write the Executive Summary section or the beginning of your Strategic Audit Report. The opening section of your audit report can easily be the most important part of the audit, can grab a reader’s attention, and keep it throughout if written correctly; while a poorly written one can leave the reader guessing and confused. So, as you complete this section be descriptive, detailed, and use well-written language.
Complete Your Deliverable
Provided are the guidelines to complete this section:
- Write a summary of your strategic audit report.
- This section should be a review of the strategic audit’s findings. It is not to be a history of the firm, or what the firm does (you have already written this in Activity).
- It should be an overview of what is contained in the Strategic Audit Report and the findings.
- The Executive Summary is meant to sell your strategic report to your reader.
Submit Your Results
- This section should be one (1) full page in length.
- The document should be double-spaced, with sources cited and referenced using current APA formatting, where applicable.
Do you need a solution for this and other similar questions? You can get that by choosing any of the below options: