- Begin by completing the biopsychosocial assessment to help you gather relevant information before proceeding to the treatment plan portion. Be creative and add details where needed. Please complete all areas.
- Fill in the case study template embedded in the media piece with your responses.
- When you are finished, download the completed form from the media piece and upload it into the assignment area.
In this assignment you will:
- Articulate the presenting problem by noting characteristics, risk factors, and warning signs of students at risk for mental health and behavioral disorders, using skills to critically examine the connections between social, familial, emotional, behavior problems, and academic achievement while considering biological, neurological, physiological, systemic, and environmental factors that affect human development, functioning, and behavior.
- Review possible assessment techniques used for diagnostic and intervention planning purposes.
- Discuss common medications used with this disorder and any that affect learning, behavior, and mood in children and adolescents.
- Discuss a preferential theoretical foundation by explaining theories and models of counseling (such as Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Cognitive behavioral, Sociocultural, or Family from Chapter 2 of the Parritz and Troy text) and how the theory uses a systems approach to conceptualizing the case utilizing essential interviewing, counseling, and case conceptualization skills.
- Create short- and long-term intervention plan goals including the development of measurable outcomes for clients.
- Discuss the legal and ethical concerns specific to school counseling that are ethically and culturally relevant strategies for promoting resilience and optimum development and wellness across the lifespan.
- Identify the multiple professional roles and functions of counselors across specialty areas and their relationships with human service and integrated behavioral health care systems, including interagency and interorganizational collaboration and consultation with other professionals by naming possible community resources and referral sources, explaining strategies to promote student understanding of and access to a variety of community-based resources.
- Develop a suggested school counseling intervention plan that is developmentally relevant using techniques of personal/social counseling in school settings for the student.
- Remember to communicate in a manner that is scholarly and consistent with expectations of an effective professional school counselor, following current APA formatting.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Template: Use the case study template (accessible in the Blooming Park: Case Study Intervention Plan media) to type in your responses.
- Format: You will need to download the completed form then upload into the courseroom. Submit your document as a professionally completed case study treatment plan.
Review the scoring guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment. Submit your Word document as an attachment to the assignment area.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!