Suppose you are working as a senior software development manager in a software house. The company develops custom software for clients. In one of the development projects, a postmortem analysis reveals that a particular developer out of a team of five (5) was responsible for the major failure of the developed software product. This has caused the project to run 20% behind schedule and exceed its monetary budget by 30%. Initial estimates point to an additional twelve (12) weeks from the original 36-week effort to correct the failures. You have been asked by your supervisor to create an improvement plan to address these issues using the People Capability Maturity Model (P-CMM).
- Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the key practices and improvement activities from the people capability maturity model and recommend the practices you would use to address the software failure.
- Describe an appropriate strategy for implementing the recommended improvement activities that you have identified.
- Explain how to measure the return on the company investment after applying the key practices and improvement activities.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment . Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment , the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!