50. Type the following coordinates into the search bar in Google Earth: 33 48 14.24 N 84 08 44.31 W. This is Stone Mountain, GA. Zoom in to an eye elevation of ~2400 ft for a closer look. Based on the color, and assuming no color change has occurred due to weathering at this location, what is the composition of rock? a. ultramafic b. mafic c. intermediate d. felsic
51. Zoom out to an eye elevation of ~1500 ft so that you can see the entire mountain. Click on the ruler icon to open up the ruler function. Select the Line tab, and change the map length to kilometers. What is the longest length of exposed portion of Stone Mountain? a. 3000 km b. 260 km c. 6 km d. 2.6 km Rocks
52. Based on your measurement of the longest dimension, Stone Mountain can be classified as: a. a batholith b. a stock
53. Type the following coordinates into the search bar in Google Earth: 64 58 45.54 N 16 43 07.04 W. Zoom in to an eye elevation of ~12979 ft for a closer look. Based on the color, what is the composition of this rock? a. ultramafic b. mafic c. intermediate d. felsic
54. Zoom out to an eye elevation of 41,566 ft. Based on the proximity of the volcanic crater (now containing a lake), the igneous rocks identified in question 53 are: a. extrusive b. intrusive
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!