Now that you have had some practice with databases and writing queries, refer back to your Week 3 assignment and previous information on normalization. For this assignment, you will need to use a graphical tool such as Microsoft Visio or DIA which is an open source, free alternative. In a Word document, provide the following:
- Referring to the tables that you developed in Week 3, create an object-oriented model showing the relationships between the tables. You will also need to show the relationship types such as 1:M, 1:1, M:M, or M:1. Be sure to include the determined factors from the previous assignment requirement.
- Using your chosen diagramming tool, identify which data components are the entities and attributes. Demonstrate the relationship between each using an object representation diagram.
- Determine the normal form of your database design. Justify your choice with evidence from your design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- If your design is not in at least third normal form, revise it so it is in at least third normal form. Provide the revised design in addition to the original. Justify why the new design is now in at least third normal form with evidence from the design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- Provide five specific examples of data anomalies (including at least one insert, update, and delete anomaly each) that might happen if your database were not in at least third normal form. Provide sample non-normalized data and tables, the action taken, and the resulting anomalous data. Explain why your design avoids each possible problem.
Length: All required diagrams and justifications (approximately 3-4 pages not including diagrams, title page, and references)
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!