In this Assignment, you will address assessments and instruction for a grades 4–6 literacy learner. You will select an appropriately aged learner and carefully choose appropriate assessments to measure his/her literacy progress. You will examine the results of the data and prepare appropriate literacy activities for this learner. These activities will take independent, instructional, and frustration reading levels into consideration, along with any technological tool(s) that you consider appropriate.
- Select a fourth- through sixth-grade learner in your educational setting that you would like additional insight about, and conduct appropriate informal literacy assessments with this learner.
- Conduct three of the following assessments or an informal reading inventory on your fourth- through sixth-grade learner. Consider the following types of assessments or informal reading inventories you may want to use for your informal assessments:
- Interest/attitude inventory (for motivation)
- Sight word knowledge test
- Decoding knowledge test
- Comprehension (narrative and/or informational text)
- Listening comprehension
- Word identification
- Writing sample
- Think about this learner’s independent, instructional, and frustration reading levels to determine their targeted instructional level.
- Note: This summary sheet will be submitted as an Appendix to your paper.
- Review the media program, Considerations When Working With Struggling Readers (Laureate Education, 2014c), and consider the RRWWT framework (Read To, Read With, Write With, Word Study, Talk With) as a way to plan activities that address the essential components of reading and as an effective approach to planning literacy instruction in the academically diverse classroom.
- Review the RRWWT Framework Template found in the Learning Resources for this week, and record your initial ideas for literacy activities that would support the reading and writing development of your fourth- through sixth-grade literacy learner.
- Note: This template will be submitted as an Appendix to your paper.
- Also, consider at least one technology tool you might use within your literacy activities that might support your fourth- to sixth-grade literacy learner.
- Think about other factors related to the learner’s profile that may help you support his/her literacy development within an academically diverse classroom. What might you consider as you monitor this student’s progress?
By Day 7 of Week 4
Write a paper that includes the following:
- Explain the types of literacy assessment tools used to assess the learner and why you used these tools for assessment.
- Explain the results of the literacy assessments. In your explanation include the learner’s independent, instructional, and frustration levels in reading and determine their targeted instructional level. Provide examples from the assessments.
- Explain what these data tell you and how they inform each of the literacy activities you suggest in the RRWWT Framework.
- Also, describe the literacy activity, and explain how you plan to incorporate the technology tool. In your explanation include why you chose this technology tool and how the literacy assessment data support the use of this tool.
- Finally, explain how you might monitor the student’s progress, and why.
Use proper APA format and guidelines.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!