The board of directors at Freeman-Brown Private School (FBPS) has hired you as part of a consulting team to review the situation and present your findings and recommendations. Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that discusses the case. Complete this assignment from the perspective of the hired consultants. Respond to the following questions:
- Review how organizations interact with their external environment (as open systems and complex adaptive systems). How effective was Freeman-Brown as an open system at the time of the closure? How effective was Freeman-Brown as a complex adaptive system at the time of the closure?
- Review your reading this week on the internal environment of organizations. What is your evaluation of the organizational culture andorganizational climate at the time the decision to close two campuses was made?
- What is your evaluation of the decision made by Dr. Murphy and Caudill? What is your evaluation of the process of going about the closure?
- Was FBPS demonstrating social responsibility? Discuss the closure impact on three specific stakeholders.
- Provide an explanation, using appropriate management theories, for how the administration could have handled the closure effectively with stakeholders? Include one theory from each of the following: the classical approach, the human relations approach, and the modern management approach.
- You have been asked to suggest two goals: one long-term and one short-term goal for the future direction of FBPS. Justify your decision.
- Present a concluding statement that integrates the 4 functions of management as a means to revamp management at FBPS and meets the recommended goals.
For many of the remaining topics in BUS-660, assignments will be in the form of case studies. These case studies are designed to provide an opportunity to engage in that topic’s quantitative analysis method, as well as demonstrate critical thinking and appropriate professional communication.
Review “Decision Analysis Case Study: Valley of the Sun Reviews” for this topic’s case study, a proposal to change the faculty performance review process at an Academy.
Based on the information presented in the case study, create a decision tree or Excel-based analysis to determine the most appropriate recommendation.
In a 600-750-word report to the academies Human Resources department and the chief financial officer, explain your approach and the rationale for this method. Evaluate both outcomes and how they would be applied to this decision. Conclude your report with your recommendation for the review process the academy should adopt.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.