******THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS 2 PARTS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL READING AND FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. REMEMBER IN-TEXT CITATIONS, REFERENCES FROM TRUSTED SITES. NOT PLAGIARISM. DO NOT FORGET TO SEPARATE BOTH PARTS BY HEADINGS AND EACH PART SEPARATE IT AS WELL BY SUB-HEADINGS TO UNDERSTAND BETTER.*****
PART I: (3 pages) The executive leadership of ACME Company, Inc. believe they can reduce their expenses (and in turn increase profits) when it comes to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Currently, the company’s policy on FMLA is as follows: for an eligible employee ACME provides up to 15 weeks of leave per year for covered conditions and they also provide 25% paid leave. ACME employs 750 people with an average per person salary of $50,000. Annually, ACME averages 10 employees out on FMLA. All employees on FMLA use the full 15 weeks annually. Leadership decides to ask Mary for her recommendation, since she is the HR professional.
For this project assignment on ACME Company, Inc. complete a minimum of three pages that addresses the following concepts:
- The key features and purpose of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- The minimum legal requirements of FMLA.
- The advantages and disadvantages of keeping the current company policy and changing the policy to meet minimum legal requirements.
- If you were Mary, what would be your recommendation? Explain
- PART II: (3 pages) ACME Company, Inc. needs to implement some OSHA compliance initiatives for workplace health, safety, and security. They would like to implement an ergonomic environment for its 50 office employees; it currently is not ergonomic-friendly. The purpose is to reduce the amount of back pain, fatigue, and discomfort these employees have, which has resulted in an average of 10% of the employees out on leave through FMLA annually. They would like to have the following ergonomic conditions to maximize worker productivity and lower worker discomfort:
- An additional recommendation by MaryFor this project assignment on ACME Company, Inc. complete a minimum of three pages that addresses the following concepts:
- The key features of an ergonomic office environment.
- An approximate cost of converting a non-ergonomic environment to an ergonomic environment for 50 employees.
- The advantages and disadvantages of converting to an ergonomic environment for the 50 office workers.
- If you were Mary, what would be your recommendation? Explain.
- Make sure to include an APA formatted title page and reference page for sources that you may have used for your research. Remember to follow APA guidelines for in-text citations when paraphrasing or quoting information.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.