For this Assignment, you will use technology and the writing skills you have learned thus far to create a digital media presentation appropriate for sharing outside of the classroom environment.
You will use your digital media presentation plan and a draft of your media presentation to develop a slide presentation or video that is designed to have a strong impact on the audience. Your digital media presentation is not necessarily testing your design skills, though you should certainly try to practice the design suggestions provided in the KUWC resources. More importantly, you are practicing your composition skills by combining text and images to compel your audience to recognize the importance of your argument. The digital media presentation should have the following characteristics:
- Slide presentation or video format (contact your instructor for prior approval if you have a different idea for your digital media presentation)
- Contains at least 8–10 slides (slide presentation) or lasts approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute (video)
- Research from at least four reliable sources to support the main message, including graphics
- Minimally, two visuals (e.g., photo, table, diagram, chart, etc.)
- Research and visuals are cited in APA citation format, both in-text and on a References slide or separate Word document. You need to quote material taken directly from a source. The same standards apply to a presentation that apply to an essay.
- A clear message related to an argument for change in your community or workplace
- Designed with a specific audience in mind in order to motivate your viewers to take action or change how they think about the topic
Noted below are the specific requirements for this unit’s Assignment:
- Title page/slide with the presentation title, your name, and course information
- If you are submitting a video, Vimeo® , PowToon, Prezi, etc., please submit a separate Word document with the title page, references page, a link to the presentation, and the text for your presentation
- References to sources, including graphics, are cited in APA 6th Edition style both in-text and on a separate References slide
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.