To prepare for this assignment, view the case study Timothy’s Story, linked in the Resources.
Drawing on what you learned about Timothy in the multimedia presentation and on your knowledge of child development, write a 4–6-page analysis of Timothy’s situation and the possibilities for intervention and improvement in his life. In your analysis, include the following:
- Provide a brief recap of the case.
- Summarize attachment theory, and discuss Timothy’s attachment style to a parent or caregiver. Provide specific examples from the case (and readings) to support your position.
- Describe how Timothy’s attachment to his parents will affect his current and later physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development. Provide examples from each childhood stage.
- Discuss factors that affect attachment security (secure and insecure). Apply Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model to discuss how contextual and ecological factors such as poverty, education, the environment of the home, and poor quality childcare affect child development.
- Describe disordered attachment and treatments available. Use the Capella library to find at least two peer-reviewed articles that focus on disordered attachments and their treatment.
- Identify a strategy at each stage of Timothy’s development (early years, elementary years, and adolescence) that would help promote secure attachment.
Through the Writing Center, you will be able to receive feedback on your writing, use writing resources, discover new writing strategies, and explore different ways to draft, revise, edit, and proofread your own work.
If you wish, you may use the APA Paper Template, linked in the Resources, to complete your assignment.
- Written communication: Ensure that your writing is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format your paper according to APA style.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of two resources (two peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the textbook).
- Length of paper: Write 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.