“The security benefits associated with maintaining PCI compliance are vital to the long-term success of all merchants who process card payments. This includes continual identification of threats and vulnerabilities that could potentially impact the organization. Most organizations never fully recover from data breaches because the loss is greater than the data itself.” — Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Magazine
Primary Task Response:
Following the Payment Council Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) is just good business. Such standards help ensure healthy and trustworthy payment card transactions for the hundreds of millions of people worldwide that use their cards every day.
- Please define and describe the PCI DSS
- What are potential liabilities from not following PCI DSS?
- With regards to payment security:
- What data are thieves after?
- Where do thieves steal data?
- What needs to be secured
In addition to reviewing the article, discuss the implication of the article against the security posture of the organization and answer below questions
- Article name, author, and publication information
- Summary of the article
- How can the article be applied in your day-to-day activities regarding information security?
- How can the article apply to organizations, not just individuals?
- Describe any challenges that you see with the article. Do you agree with all of the information that was presented in the article?
Note: The answer should be a minimum of 400 words and maximum of 600 words. Plagiarism should be less than 25 percent.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!