The study will require that you examine data, analyze the results, and share the results with groups of other researchers. Job satisfaction is important to companies large and small, and understanding it provides managers with insights into human behavior that can be used to strengthen the company’s bottom line.
- Overall Job Satisfaction
- Intrinsic Job Satisfaction: Satisfaction with the actual performance of the job
- Extrinsic Job Satisfaction: external to the job, for example, office location, your work colleagues, your own office (cubicle/hard walled office, etc),
- Benefits: Health insurance, pension plan, vacation, sick days, etc.
In the first assignment you are to complete the following:
- You will need to examine two of the nine sections of data:
- one section of qualitative data (choose either Gender or Position)
- one section of quantitative data (choose either Intrinsic or Extrinsic)
- Each section should include all data points listed in the column for the variable. The requirements include:
- Identify the data you selected.
- Explain why the data was selected.
- Explain what was learned by examining these sets of data.
- Your analysis should include using Microsoft Excel to obtain information about the data through the use of three measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode).
- Your analysis should also include the use of two measures of variability (standard deviation and variance). Some measures are appropriate for qualitative data, and some are appropriate for quantitative data.
- If a measure is not applicable, then explain why.
- You will have to also provide one chart/graph for each of the results of the two processed sections of data (2 total), such as a pie or bar chart or a histogram. (A table is not a chart/graph.) Ensure that you label the chart/graph clearly.
- You will then need to discuss what you additionally learned from the results of this process.
- Explain why charts/graphs are important in conveying information in a visual format and why standard deviation and variation are important.
You will need to combine all of the items above into one comprehensive report. This report must be completed in Microsoft Word and should contain:
- Check out the Free Tutoring Available for BUSN311 students in the learning center. You will need to sign up for the tutoring. Do not wait, tutoring appointments fill up quickly.
- Beginning Statistics Lab. Presentations and Resources are Available 24/7. Synchronous Live Sessions and Office Hours are held during the session. Live Sessions are also recorded for viewing at your convenience. Your instructor has the session-specific information.
- The tutors and the lab instructor are qualified faculty members.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached Template. Do NOT change the font, page breaks or margins. Using the template without deleting the headings ensures that you cover each segment of the assignment.
**********A NEW SET OF DATA IS USED EACH SESSION**********
If you are taking this class for a second time, submission of past work involving the data sets will result in a zero for the assignment. Your answers will be wrong since you are working with a different set of numbers.
If you procure old assignments from students or websites and use the data for your assignment, you will receive a zero because it is considered an egregious violation of the University’s academic integrity policy. The case will be referred to the Office of Academic Affairs and become part of your collegiate record. In certain circumstances, you may be awarded an F for the course.
The only way to succeed in this course is to complete the assignments using the current, dataset accessible through the link in Unit 1 on the assignment list. If you have a question or need clarification, please contact your instructor
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.