You are the emergency manager in a city of 200,000 people in the Midwestern United States. Your city manager has directed you to act as a subject matter expert and provide the city’s webmaster with material (400–600 words) that thoroughly discusses which types of natural and man-made disasters you think are the most significant or troublesome for emergency managers. In addition, your city manager wants to ensure that the citizens have access to the most up-to-date information about disaster response. The city council would like to have a bond election next year and hopes that your information will garner support for the issue.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What type of natural hazard do you think is the most significant or troublesome to emergency managers? Why?
- What type of man-made hazard do you think is the most significant or troublesome to emergency managers? Why?
- What do you think are the most significant specific response challenges associated with the hazards that you selected? Explain.
In an essay, answer the following questions:
- How do you know if your system is meeting your security goals?
- You can verify that controls are working, but how do you know if they are getting the job done?
- What auditing practices or procedures would you implement for your organization? Why?
Deliverables:Provide information from your readings to support your statements. Your well-written essay should be 4-5 pages in length, incorporating at least two academic resources from the Library in addition to the case study. Cite all sources academic writing standards and APA style guidelines found in the Library, citing references as appropriate.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!