From the end of Chapter 6, complete the following questions out of the section titled “Questions for Review and Discussion.” Each question should be thoroughly answered using support from the text, examples, and other scholarly sources.
- Describe the differences between needs identification and defining commercial equivalents and discuss why it is preferable to separate into two stages.
- Interpret the value to the organization when early supplier involvement (ESI) is implemented effectively.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of specifying by performance.
- Describe how a supply professional understands strategic requirements.
Submit to your instructor your two to three page Word document (not including the title and reference pages). Your paper should be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide, and should cite at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
Write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments.
Select and research an organization that will be the subject of the Procurement Plan Project that you will be putting together. Provide the following:
- An introduction and description of your choice organization, characterizing it as either a government (public) or a commercial (private) entity
- A breakdown of the procurement process for this kind of organization
- An analysis of how the procurement process for your organization differs from its commercial or government counterpart
Use at least 2 articles references to complete this assignment.