Chapter 11 in the textbook emphasizes the importance of hope and possibility in the counseling process. Clients come into counseling having tried many different solutions that have failed. In many cases, they are discouraged and hopeless about resolving their problems in a way that creates a better life.
In some cases, clients face significant barriers of physical disability or illness, histories of trauma, occupational disadvantages, or addictions. Throughout the counseling process the counselor attempts to create hope.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper discussing the following:
- How can the counselor create a sense of hope and possibility for the client?
- How does establishing goals help clients to develop hope?
- What steps can the counselor take to help clients identify goals for change?
- What strategies can a counselor utilize to help clients commit to change?
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Select one type of neglect such as the following:
Write a 1,000-1,500-word paper about the form of childhood or adolescent neglect you selected. Include the following in your paper:
- A discussion of the symptoms of this type of neglect
- How to assess for this type of neglect
- Resources in your area that could be used for a child or adolescent who is being neglected
- At least two scholarly resources
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!