- ________ measures that portion of the money supply most easily used as a medium of exchange.
2. Currency backed by government bonds is ________.
a gold certificate
a national bank
a national currency
a government currency
3. The National Banking System was created after World War II.
4. Who issued the bank holiday?
5. What was created as preventative measures due to bank failures in the 1930s?
Federal Reserve notes
There were no preventative measures taken after the bank failures.
6. The government owns the nation’s central bank.
7. In a _________, banks are required to keep only a portion of their total deposits in the form of legal reserves.
fractional reserve system
8. The ____________ advises the Board of Governors in the Fed.
president of the U.S.
U.S. Treasury secretary
None of the above
9. How many members are on the Board of Governors in the Fed?
10. The Federal Reserve is a corporation that is not a part of any branch in the government.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.