Visit the journal Ecology and Society. This web site presents the journal and includes research articles, debates, and discussions from many ecologists. Find any prior issue and choose one article about a particular topic (Look to the upper right corner for the header titled “Find Back Issues” then click on any of the blue issue number links to see the articles for that issue). For this assignment you must choose a primary research article. Do not choose a review, opinion paper, or editorial paper.
The following guidelines should be followed for all paper assignments in this course:
- Length: Between 1 and 2 full pages (not including the header and literature cited)
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Spacing: Double
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides
- Format: APA or MLA (your choice)
Papers will be submitted to TurnItIn for plagiarism detection. Papers will be graded on completeness, formatting, spelling and sentence structure.
Watch the Video the Lorax. It covers a number of environmental resource depletion and waste issues.
Once you have done that, write a three page double spaced paper relating the movie the Lorax to Santa Clara County. What are the similarities? What are the differences?
- Do you see any similarities? What are they? Explain.
- What environmental, social and economic challenges were caused? Be sure to cover all three.
- How specifically could we live a more sustainable and biocentric lifestyle?
- What lessons does the video, The Lorax teach us? Give a DETAILED answer and connect your answer to a theory or principle covered in this class.
- Answer these questions in the paper
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.