As demonstrated by the 2008 financial collapse, the Enron scandal of the early 2000s, the 1980s Savings and Loan crisis, and the banking crises of the 1920s and 1930s, the financial system and economy continue to be exposed to corruption, weak enforcement of existing regulations and criminal laws, insider abuse, theft of public funds, and a general lack of accountability and consequences for the officers and directors of troubled financial institutions.
These financial failures have had devastating consequences on small to medium-sized businesses, which were not bailed out by the federal government during the 1920s, 1930s, 1980s, or after the 2008 global financial collapse, an economic calamity that caused the Great Recession, the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s.
Topic and Grade
Identify and describe one topic in detail from the list below. This research paper should explain in detail the significance of the topic or individual to the above statement. If the research paper is well-researched and well-written then it could have a significant impact of your final grade in the class.
I. Florida’s Land Boom and Banking Crash
1. Comptroller Ernest Amos.
2. Addison Mizner.
3. W. D. Manley.
4. J. R. Anthony.
5. Wilson Mizner.
6. The Suicide of James R. Smith.
7. Mizner Development Corporation.
II. Chicago’s Banking Panic of 1932
1. Samuel Insull.
2. Charles Dawes.
3. Stock Market Crash of 1929.
4. Reconstruction Finance Corporation.
5. Bailout of Dawes bank.
6. Jesse H. Jones.
7. Melvin Traylor.
8. Owen Young.
9. Forrest McDonald.
10. Central Republic Bank and Trust Company.
11. First National Bank of Chicago.
III. Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s
1. Charles Keating.
2. Keating Five Senators.
3. David Paul
4. The Suicide of Stephen Arky.
IV. The Enron Scandal
- Kenneth Lay, Chairman of Enron.
- Chase Manhatten Bank and Citicorp.
- Jeffrey Skilling.
V. Meltdown of Financial System in 2008
2. Goldman Sachs.
4. J. P. Morgan Chase.
5. Bernie Madoff.
- Chicago Style (use Panic in Paradise and Panic in the loop as examples)
- Primary source documents must be used.
- Cover Page
- Length: 8 pages, including the endnotes and bibliography.
For Information on Chicago Style see the following and/or speak to your TA.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.