Using the Online Library or the Internet, research acids, bases, and salts that are used in therapeutic processes. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- Define an acid, base, and salt as they apply to chemistry.
- State three examples each of acids, bases, and salts commonly used in therapeutic processes.
- From the examples you state, select one acid, one base, and one salt and describe specifically how and where they are used in therapeutic processes.
- Why and how does atomic nuclear decay take place? Explain, being sure to address different types of decay.
- What is the significance of atomic nuclear decay? (How is it used to our advantage?)
- What is your analysis on the societal implications of using this process? (What safety precautions are required and are there negative impacts?)
Using the Online Library or the Internet, research buffered aspirin. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- Define a buffer and explain how a buffer works. [Note: be sure to address the role of conjugate salts.]
- Analyze and explain the buffer system in buffered aspirin (carboxylic acid).
- What are the various uses of radioactivity in healthcare?
- What are the future trends in healthcare with respect to the use of radioactivity?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!