Review the above article and watch the PBS YouTube video.
PAPER TOPIC: How were you politically socialized? What factors influenced your political thinking? What impact has your political socialization had on your opinions?
Answer the following questions in your essay. Remember these answers are strictly confidential. This is an exercise or inventory to help you understand what influences your political views and socialization.
- Where are you from—where did you grow up—and did your hometown, state, or country influence your political beliefs?
- How did you learn about government growing up?
- Did your family discuss politics? Were you encouraged or discouraged to participate in politics?
- What agents of socialization influenced your political socialization?
- How did the area of the country or the world you’re from help determine your political socialization? Did your experience with where you are from influence how you approach political issues and events?
- Has college or high school made an impact on your political socialization?
- Does media influence your thinking about politics?
- Do your peers or friends influence your political thinking?
- What is the first political event you can remember? Did living through or experiencing a political even influence your political socialization?
- What influenced and how your political socialization—your parents, your religion, your peers, your school, the media, political events?
- If you’re 18 or older and a citizen, are your registered to vote and have you voted before? Why or why not?
- Based upon your political socialization, what was your reaction to a result of the recent November general election that reflects your political socialization and interests (giving specific examples and reaction)? Support your reaction by including a newspaper article referencing the election results that you choose to react to. It might be an article that deals with the election of a specific party or shift in party power in Congress, or it might deal with an issue that was prominently discussed in the election (such as immigration, health care, abortion, etc. Do an Internet research for the documentation supporting or enhancing your reaction and refer to the article by name, publication, author, date of publication. Use quotes or paraphrase information from the article and give a citation to the article in your paper (example: If you’ve been following the election campaign of Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, the first African-American woman to make a serious bid to become governor of a state in the deep South, you could talk about her challenge to the apparent election results that indicated the Republican had won the election. Be CERTAIN to cite the author, title of the article, publication, and publication date and give the URL of the article.
- Bold print the word count at the bottom of the paper
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!