1. Section 5 of the Income Tax Act 1967 describes the ascertainment of chargeable income.
Describe the steps that are used to ascertain the chargeable income of a taxpayer. [8 marks]
2. Identify and briefly explain any FOUR (4) expenses which are disallowable Section 39 of the Income Tax Act 1967. [8 marks]
3. A payer, who pays interest to a non-resident, is required to withhold 15% of the gross interest and remit the amount withheld to Inland Revenue Board Malaysia within one month from the date of payment or crediting the amount to the non-resident.
Explain under the Income Tax Act 1967 instances whereby interest income is deemed to be derived from a Malaysian source. [8 marks]
4. Poopee Sdn Bhd is a company producing wood products and has a Malaysian brand name ‘Solid’ which has been duly registered with the relevant authorities. Poopee ’s issued share capital is RM2,400,000 and all of its shares are owned by Malaysian residents.
The following information relates to its year ended 31 December 2017:
- The export sale was made from Poopee ’s factory in Shah Alam, Malaysia to a distributor in Brunei. The distributor had not settled the amount of RM800,000 as at 31 December 2015. The total exports for the current year are expected to be not more than 5% of total sales.
- The staff remuneration comprises salaries of RM2,000,000 and the related employees’ provident fund (EPF) contributions of RM400,000.
- The capital allowances claimable for the year are RM1,230,000.
- The chargable income for year of assessment 2016 is RM13,930.
(a) Prepare the tax computation of Poopee Sdn Bhd for the year of assessment 2017. [30 marks]
(b) Test of Skills at Work: Transfer the information into Sections A to C (Pages 1 to 3) of the Tax Returns Form. Answer in Bahasa Malaysia. [16 marks]
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!