All team members will indicate agreement on the charter by initialing understanding of the information within the charter. Although there is no point value for this assignment, it is a required part of the assignment.
Team members will have the opportunity to practice active respect for other team members, consideration of
one another, and communication. Be aware that team members come from different backgrounds and have
various schedules and time demands, so working collaboratively is crucial. Timely submission of assignment
components by individual team members is also important to the success of the team. Be factual, professional,
and supportive about participation or absence of participation when you communicate with each other.
Teams who encounter incidents when team members have not submitted/completed assignments should
communicate supportively and openly with those team members and faculty with the aim of caring for peers in
completing the assignment.
Communication is a major component of nursing and healthcare, and the foundation for this assignment.
Developing good communication and team building skills is essential for nurses. Nurses work with many people
who do not have the same thoughts and/or methods of approaching a task. Therefore, all team members must
collaborate to be successful.
For campus students, follow up with one another at least weekly to be sure that everyone is on track for the
final submission of assignment sections to the team leader, who will prepare the final presentation for
For online students, follow up with one another at least weekly by posting in the Team Collaboration forum
assigned, to be sure that everyone is on track for the final submission of assignment, post sections for all team
members to review and discuss in the Team Collaboration forum and then to the team leader, who will prepare the final presentation for submission/presentation.
Section I: Team Member Skill Inventory
Each team member will individually complete this section and initial in the box. For campus courses, the designated team leader will then submit this document as directed by the instructor. (MT) or as directed by your instructor for campus students. For online courses, the designated team leader will then submit this document to his/her assigned Team Collaboration forum and to the their designated submission area by Sunday of Unit 2, by 1159 p.m. (MT) or as directed by your instructor for campus students.
Team Member Name Strengths/Contributions Areas for Development Initials
Section II: Work Plan This section includes a plan for communication and written work (please agree upon & complete all sections).
1. Discuss your process to designate the team leader.
2. Outline the responsibilities the team gives the team leader?
3. Explain how the team members will distribute the workload for the assignment based on Section I.
4. Outline the timeline for completion and submission of assignment components to the team leader (take into consideration the assignment due date).
Section III: Conflict Management This section should include your plan for conflict management (please agree upon & complete all sections). Since the combined Team Charter (with all team member information and team conflict management strategies) are always available for review by all team members (i.e., for online courses, it is in the assigned Team Collaboration Forum), team members should refer to it often and use it to agree on deliverables for the assignment, and actions to be taken by the team leader should conflicts occur.
1. List potential conflicts that might arise between team members during this project.
a. Include the team’s plan members who do not turn in work after the deadline.
b. Include how the team will manage team members who do not participate, or participate in a timely manner
2. For each potential conflict, list the team’s method of resolving those conflicts.
3. Specifically address how the team will apply Chamberlain Care for peers during conflict resolution.
List all potential conflicts and how they will be addressed by the team. (do not put contact instructor as only method of resolution. Include here what the team will do as an empowered group prior to contacting the instructor)
Section IV: Team Goals This section should include your team goals (please agree upon & complete all sections).
1. List the team’s goals for the assignment project (these may include project assignment goals, group process goals, quality level goals, etc.)
2. List potential barriers to the achievement of these goals and outline how they will be managed.
3. Address how barriers for completion of the assignment will be addressed by the team below
Section V: Project Plan
1. This section should include your team plan and should be followed by all members of the team. Since the combined Team Charter (with all team member information and team plan) is always available for review by all team members (i.e., for online courses, it is in the assigned Team Collaboration Forum), team members should refer to it often and use it to agree on deliverables for the assignment.
2. Using the table below, make a plan for each project week that clearly outlines each team member’s expectations. (Be sure to assign a task for each member on the team and complete and agree upon each section).
3. Plan tentative due dates for rough drafts and completed project assignments.
4. Specifically outline all tasks for the assignment, who the task is assigned to, and when it will be posted for team viewing
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.