Technologies evolve, but sex and violence have always been–and may remain–hot-button issues in the media.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper that addresses the following:
- A brief discussion of twentieth century communication developments, milestones, and applications exemplifying changes in media portrayal of sex and violence.
- Explain how the negative effects of sex and violence on children have increased in media technology. Provide examples and citeat least one contemporary news article.
- Explain how the negative effects of sex and violence on adults have increased in media technology. Provide examples and cite at least one contemporary news article.
- Make specific recommendations about how the problems of media portrayal of sex and violence might be minimized.
- How does the volume and accessibility of media portrayals of sex and violence relate to your interpersonal relationships?
- Consider the ethical and legal implications involved in the personal use of social media and other technologies to access and share images and videos. Based on your own understanding and research of ethics, what ethical principles are involved in the use of technology in relation to images of sex and violence? What ethical principles are involved when posting or making accessible the personal images of others?
- What laws are in place because of photos or video made accessible without permission? What recommendations based on your research of law and ethics can you propose in relation to the accessibility and proliferation of images of sex and violence?
- Examine the landing page of a mainstream online news source. Examine the imagery used on the entire page, including any advertisements. Discuss the diversity of the people portrayed. How are women represented? How are people of color represented?
Cite at least three different peer-reviewed outside sources, in addition to two contemporary news articles.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.