From the National Health Information Infrastructure (NHII) legislation of the 1990s to current day Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) legislation and the health information technology, the NHII continues to evolve, but at a more rapid pace. Part of that evolution has included not only the public and private health infrastructure development between the health providers, CDC, and the states but also many nongovernment partners, such as the commercial MEDLINE Plus, the Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research (AHQR), and many more.
- Consider the NHII’s evolution and its achievements over the last two decades and share your understanding of its many components and how they work together to provide greater access to health information.
- How is that information used to build healthier communities?
- What are the key drivers in the evolution of the NHII?
- How do you envision the NHII will evolve and function in the coming years?
You may review the following resources:
- Cusack, C. M., Hripcsak, G., Bloomrosen, M., Rosenbloom, S. T., Weaver, C. A., Wright, A., . . . Mamykina, L. (2013). The future state of clinical data capture and documentation: A report from AMIA’s 2011 policy meeting. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 20, 134–140.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (n.d.). National guideline clearinghouse.
- CDC. (2013). National notifiable diseases surveillance system (NNDSS): Data collection and reporting.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). The national health information infrastructure (NHII): Site index.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Health information privacy: HITECH act enforcement interim final rule.
- HealthIT.gov (n.d.).
Evaluation Criteria Include:
- Provide a clear and focused explanation of your response to the issues raised here
- Provide an understandable and realistic rationale for your view of the impact of the laws and regulations
- Is information from the textbooks and other sources integrated into your analysis appropriately? You must provide complete citations for all sources.
- Is the paper professionally presented? It is important to present your information as clearly and succinctly as possible. (Do not sacrifice thoroughness for mere brevity.) Please proofread carefully for grammar and spelling errors.
Support your assumptions by citing in APA format any reputable source material used for this essay 2000 words