Health Promotion and Wellness.
Read chapter 4, 13 & 14 of the class textbook and review the attached PowerPoint presentations. Once done, answer the following questions;
- Discuss various theories of health promotion, including Pender’s Health Promotion Model, the Health Belief Model, the Transtheoretical Theory, and the Theory of Reasoned Action.
- Discuss at least two definitions of health.
- Critically analyze racial and cultural diversity in the United States.
- Describe the importance of air, water and food quality as a determinant of health.
As stated in the class syllabus please present your assignment in an APA format, word document, Arial 12 font attached to the forum in the discussion tab of the blackboard title “week 4 discussion questions”. The assignment must include at least 2 evidence-based references (excluding the class textbook) no older than 5 years. References must be quoted in the assignment in order to comply with APA. A minimum of 700 words is required.
CO6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the ANA standards of practice (PO#6).
View the National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services Standards (CLAS) categories aimed at equity and quality care (HHS, n.d.). Notice how these standards overlap with many of the expectations and standards in professional nursing practice!
- In what ways are you and your peers using these standards in your areas of nursing practice?
- Discuss one nursing action you might incorporate to improve cultural competence in your organization.
Book references can be found in the Nursing scope and standards of practice (3rd edition).
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.