The Director of HIM has been receiving calls from customers concerning late response to the Release of Information (ROI) requests. You are the supervisor who has been tasked to investigate the problem.
- Using the raw data below on the number of requests completed by each specialist for a month, compile the data utilizing a quality improvement tool (bar graph, line chart etc) that you feel best represents the data for the Director.
- Analyze your ROI workflow and identify where problems might occur that would impact productivity. Suggest how you will address these issues to help your staff meet the required deadlines.
- You are currently using an electronic health record, however, have older paper records located in an off-storage site.
- The department’s copier is an older model that is prone to breakdowns.
- Your ROI staff serve as the receptionist for the department, receiving requests, answering the phone, and greet requestors who are picking up the completed requests.
- Your current method of tracking requests consists of a spiral notebook.
- Analyze your ROI staff and identify how you will address these issues to help your staff met the required deadlines. Think about continuing education opportunities for your ROI staff.
- ROI Specialist #1 has been employed for 10 years.
- ROI Specialist #2 has been employed for 4 years.
- ROI Specialist #3 has been employed for two months.
- ROI Specialist #4 has been employed for one year.
|Productivity Report |
Release of Information Standard: 20 requests per day
|ROI Specialist||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date.