Prior to beginning work on this week’s journal, read the PSY650 Week Four Treatment Plan , Case 15: Borderline Personality Disorder in Gorenstein and Comer (2014), and Borderline Personality Disorder in Sneed et al., . (2012). Please also read the Rizvi, et al. (2013), “An Overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Professional Psychologists,” Harned, et al. (2013), “Treatment Preference Among Suicidal and Self-Injuring Women with Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD,” Miller (2006), “Telehealth Issues in Consulting Psychology Practice,” and Luxton, et al. (2011), “mHealth for Mental Health: Integrating Smartphone Technology in Behavioral Healthcare” articles.
Assess the evidence-based practices implemented in this case study. In your paper, include the following.
- 1. Explain the connection between each theoretical orientation used by Dr. Bank’s and the interventions utilized in the case.
- 2. Describe the concept of dialectical behavior therapy, being sure to include the six main points of this type of treatment.
- 3. Explain Dr. Banks’s primary goal during the pre-treatment stage and how Dr. Banks related this to Karen in her initial therapy sessions.
- 4. Describe the two formats that Dr. Banks told Karen would be part of her treatment program.
- 5. Describe the focus of the second and third stages of treatment.
- 6. Assume the role of a consulting clinical or counseling psychologist on this case, and recommend at least one technology-based e-therapy tool that would be useful. Explain liability issues related to delivering e-therapy consultation, supporting your response with information from the Miller (2006), “Telehealth Issues in Consulting Psychology Practice” article.
- 7. Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment interventions implemented by Dr. Banks supporting your statements with information from the case and two to three peer-reviewed articles from the Ashford University Library, in addition to those required for this week.
- 8. Recommend three additional treatment interventions that would be appropriate in this case. Use information from the Sneed, Fertuck, Kanellopoulos, and Culang-Reinlieb (2012), “Borderline Personality Disorder” article to help support your recommendations. Justify your selections with information from the case.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!